Wednesday 16 December 2020

Kowhaiwhai Pattern l Tanerore

I have completed a new Summer Learning Journey task today, the task was called "Tanerore", this SLJ task is part of a maori story about "the son of Tama-nui-te-ra".

First, I figured out what to do, and also learnt about the Tanerore before creating something, we watched a video, and read something.

After, I finished watching the video and reading the information about Tanerore, I started creating a Koru pattern, we also changed our background color into a sunset.

This activity was fun since I got to learn about it, create it, and share it, but I think next I could use different patterns and rotation except of two.

LI: to create a koru



1 comment:

  1. Salam Akifa,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I thought this activity was very interesting as it teaches you about Tānerore who you are able to see often on these hot summer days and about the infamous kowhaiwhai pattern seen throughout Māori culture. Could you share what you learnt about Tānerore?

    I think your Koru pattern looks great and it must have been fun creating it on google drawing and being able to use all the tools. I agree that next time you could try adding a different shape of Koru to your pattern and extending it to include new shapes and rotations. Is there a reason why you chose the sunset background?

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.