Monday 1 July 2019

Zoo Recount

-(>Zoo Recount<)-


Eek! I couldn’t stand still because my class was going to the zoo. We went to the zoo because the Warehouse sponsored us and Ritchies gave us the buses for free. I couldn’t wait to look at all the animals because I don’t get to go to the zoo often. 


I was in Ms Kirkpatrick’s group with Fotu, Lukas, Mahdi, Xavier and Fala. First we saw red pandas. Then my group and I looked at the otters. When we saw them some of us said “Cute!!”. After that we went to the Austraila section and we looked at the tazmanian devils we saw a baby tasmanian devil. Then we went to the kiwi house. When we saw them there was only two kiwis in the dark house. Then we went to see the monkeys and the monkeys were sitting on house and they were eating food.


Next we went to meet up with Hohepa who was going to show us around the Africa section. First he showed us the baboons and then the cheetah.
The cheetah’s live up to 12 years old.  When we went to see the elephant we saw the zoo keeper.
Then he opened the elephant’s mouth and we saw big metal teeth. We looked at the flamingos,
they had really straight and skinny legs. We said goodbye to Hohepa and went to look around
with our groups.


Then we went to the Giraffe and Zebras and we went up to the bars and we looked closer.
We could see them eating hay. When we saw the meerkats we crawled into
the tunnel and we could see them closer. Finally Ms Kirkpatrick said we can go to
the kid zone so we could play. I liked it when we got the foam bricks and made a cave to sit in.

Even though we are studying space, we went to the zoo because we
got sponsored. I don’t get to go to the zoo often so I really liked when we ate next to the

elephant. After the zoo trip I was really tired, we had looked at so many animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.